Friday 25 May 2012

Day 20 - get your groove on

I did say today's post would consist of a full progress report, but it turns out there were three issues with that idea. Firstly, I'm utterly cream crackered (Cockney rhyming slang for knackered, to aid non-Londoners) with all my essays and revision, so haven't got the headspace today. Secondly, my dear Mama is similarly overworked, and has been getting up at 5am, due to her dissertation and her other e-learning module development project, and I haven't the heart to ask her to upload the latest photos. Thirdly, tomorrow's day 21, and my inner number-geek thought it would be symbolic to write the report on that day, since I'll be 21 by the time I've completed the degree-collecting stage of my mission.

So, I hear you ask, what is today's post going to be about? Well, because I've been working so hard and staying in my chair, my body's being a tricky thing. My muscles are stiff, although thankfully not spasmy; the botox took care of that. Then, because I'm so tired, I'ven been sleeping in. The short-haired Jessi is an animal for whom this is not a good idea, if she doesn't want even stiffer muscles, but it's a catch-22.

Anyway, to put it simply, this here body of mine wants movement, preferably of the walky variety, but it can't have it because I'm not at home and my helpers can't do much as a) I'm not confident and b) I'm not yet steady enough for it to be totally safe with anyone except Mama. This is the kind of knowledge that makes for one hell of a deep despondence, which is rare and annoying, as I'm generally a glass-half-full kind of girl. Cue the mother of all coping mechanisms - a Positive Thinking Playlist* - which is what I'd like to share with you all on this fine summer's evening.

 *NB Not all of these are directly related to walking - some are just feel-good.

So, here goes:

My Body is a Cage - Arcade Fire
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Feelin' Good - Nina Simone
I've Got the Sun in the Morning - Betty Hutton (Annie Get Your Gun soundtrack)
These Boots are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Minature Disasters - KT Tunstall
Defying Gravity - Kerry Ellis (Wicked Original London Cast Recording)
Part of Your World - Jodi Benson (Disney's The Little Mermaid soundtrack)
Little Acorns - The White Stripes
Whistle a Happy Tune - Deborah Kerr (The King and I soundtrack)
Wonder of Wonders - Leonard Frey (Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack)
 Effect and Cause - The White Stripes
Waking - Bo Bruce
Heal Over - KT Tunstall
Wake Up - Arcade Fire
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
Sing - The Carpenters
Run - Snow Patrol
Sing - She and Him
Doo Bee Doo - Freshlyground
Dreams - The Cranberries
Hold on to Your Dreams - Bianca Nicholas (a fellow Starlight wish-child)
Accentuate the Positive - Sam Cooke
Fix You - Coldplay
You're the Voice - John Farnham (especially the Colin Morgan/Bradley James version!)
Only in Your Head - Marketa Irglova
Cast a Light - Bo Bruce
Don't Look Back - She and Him
Human Angels - Freshlyground
Light Surrounding You - Evermore
Keep Your Head Up - Ben Howard
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

There you have it, with a closing caveat - this playlist has grown over the years and is an amalgamation of various versions of equally various compilations along similar themes, so it's quite possible that in my slightly fuzzy state I have let a genuine staple and favourite slip from my mind. I shall add things if I recall them - such is the gift of the edit button hehe!

Hope you're all walking well. Keep going with me, please?

PS Congratulations to Keira Knightley on announcing her engagement today. Can I walk to your wedding please, dear, since you're the one who's got me through the past four years? Much love and thanks, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment